Abbreviated Summary of Rules
A. Membership is open to anyone…
- Who is a practicing Christian, who embraces our statement of faith and our values.
- Who regularly attends his or her local church.
- Who owns and operates an American V-twin motorcycle or is the spouse of said person. (Membership will not be granted to boyfriends, girlfriends or fiances.) .
- Who maintains a current and valid motorcycle license and motorcycle insurance.
- Who is 18 years of age or older.
- Who completes an application and renders all necessary fees after…
- Completing the Mentoring Program and is recommended for membership by their mentor.
- A member may receive “retired status” when they are no longer able to ride due to age, poor health or injuries (not simply quit). Retired members will not pay dues, will not vote or hold office
- The widow or widower of a deceased member may remain a member (even if they do not own or operate a motorcycle) so long as they maintain all other rules of membership. They will no longer be required to pay annual dues. They may not vote or hold office.
B. Alcoholic beverages will never be consumed on any Black Sheep function or ride.
C. Public drunkenness of a member (in or out of the patch) will never be tolerated.
D. The known use of illegal drugs or the abuse of prescription drugs by members will not be tolerated. Members, while riding, shall not use any kind of drug, legal or otherwise, that may compromise their ability to operate a motorcycle.
E. Persistent vulgarity, off-color humor and promiscuous behavior by members will not be tolerated.
F. Violence and/or threats of any kind by a member will not be tolerated.
G. Members will not wear or display anything that is dishonoring to Christ.
- Members of Black Sheep, in and out of their patches, will be allowed to carry a concealed firearm when and where it is legal to do so.
- Members of Black Sheep, while wearing their patches or in ministry service, will not open carry or expose firearms even when it is legal by state law. To do so would create a greater opportunity for harm than good.
- Members of Black Sheep may carry a fixed blade or folding knife on their belt so long as the blade does not exceed 6.
- Members of Black Sheep, while wearing their patches or in ministry service, will not expose or carry anything which may be misconstrued as a weapon. (Common gang weapons include: hammers, screwdrivers, large flashlights, nunchucks, brass knuckles, etc.) Use common sense.
I. Homosexuality and promiscuous heterosexual behavior will not be tolerated within our membership. Our members will either be single and celibate or legally married to one of the opposite sex. (BSHDFC recognizes marriage as a legal union between one man and one woman.)
J. Members who are consistently absent from participation in BSHDFC chapter rides and meetings will be contacted by the local president to determine whether or not they should remain a part of this ministry.
K. Members selling their American v-twin (with no intention of replacing it in the very near future) or choosing a non-American v-twin for their primary ride, will no longer be eligible for membership. If a member has several motorcycles, one or more being metric, the Black Sheep member will ride their American v-twin to all official Black Sheep gatherings. (Such a restriction will not be imposed upon a patched spouse who may ride something other than an American v-twin.)
L. Members who do not communicate with or cannot be reached by local, regional or national leadership for a period of six months or more will be suspended from membership and designated as MIA.
The intent of these rules is not meant to be exhaustive, but rather to clarify what some Christians may consider to be gray areas. It is not the intent of this ministry to become sectarian or legalistic regarding Christian behavior. We simply insist on our members representing Christ well in an otherwise ungodly world.
A. The colors on our patch are a combination of browns, golds and black; similar to that of Harley Owners Group.
B. Anything with the patch displayed will be sold to and worn only by members. (Exceptions may include ride pins, coffee mugs, etc.)
C. Patches (all sets; front and back) will always remain the property of the international organization and will be returned when leaving this ministry for any reason.
D. Patches are to be worn to all official rides and functions. (We encourage you to wear your patch whenever you ride.)
E. Patches will never be defended with violence. (If you are requested by an M/C to remove your patch, you will do so without further discussion or attitude. This is for your safety and the safety of our members around the world.)
F. Patches will not be worn while driving or riding in a car or truck. They may, however, be transported and worn later at their destination.
G. Please do NOT use the Black Sheep patch as your icon or profile photo on social media i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc. To do so implies that you speak for everyone in the ministry. You may, however, use a photo of yourself wearing the patch, but not so close up that all that is seen is the patch.
H. Patches are always to be treated with respect: never to be left hanging on a bike or on the back of a chair, tossed on the floor or otherwise mistreated. To store a patch in a saddlebag, fold it inside out.
I. Black Sheep makes no distinction between men and women in terms of membership, holding office or the wearing of a patch.
Applications, Fees and Dues
A. The application fee for new members will be one year’s dues ($120 for a single or $180 for a couple) plus the price of their patches.
B. Monthly dues are $10 for each member or $15 per couple and need to be collected at each month, beginning on the members anniversary date. Electronic payments are preferred. Dues may be paid annually instead of monthly: $120 per person or $180 per couple. Monthly payments, however, help with cash flow throughout the year.